A Sustainable Future for Data Centres
In 2020, electricity consumption by global data centres was 200-250 TWh. That equals around 1% of global electricity consumption. It’s no wonder that data centre operators are looking to create more sustainable data centres.
There are 5 approaches currently being trialled or tested:
1. Optimising Airflow- We see every day the positive impact that optimising airflow in data centres can have on energy consumption
2. Liquid Cooling- Air cooling may not always be enough to keep data centres of the future cool
3. Goodbye diesel generators- Testing is underway to replace diesel generators and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units with solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC)
4. Hello renewables- By switching to green energy suppliers, data centres are leveraging wind, solar and hydroelectric power to reduce their carbon footprints
5. Smart Power Management- Smart power management aids the right amount of energy to be delivered to the right place at the right time, always.
Check out our blog ‘ A sustainable future for Data Centres’
Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact our helpful sales team at +44 (0) 20 8616 9437 or email email@example.com.
See more videos